For many teachers, July is a time of
relaxation but also a time for preparing for the new school year. For this
month, I have provided some ideas, tips, and travel links.
July Resources &
Things to do to prepare
for the school year:
- Read books on education, such as teaching
literacy, etc. Go to the recommended books
section for ideas.
- Plan out themes for the year.
- Write out spelling lists for every week of the
- Prepare outline for math concepts to be taught.
- Write the ideas, organization, plans, etc. that
worked this previous year into a notebook. Keep this notebook
handy so you can add more ideas that you may come up with or find
throughout the summer. I make sure to write down the things that
worked this past year and the things I'm going to change for the
following year. That way, when August/September comes, you will have
handy your ideas from the following year.
- Make a To Do List of what you want to have
done by the end of your summer vacation for school.
- Surf the internet for new ideas, lessons, free
worksheets, etc. (Check out the
Teacher's Links section for some great teaching sites!)
- Create or update your class website; make plans
for things you would like to add on the site. To learn how to make a
class website, click here for some
literacy centers and file folder games.
(Some packets of color file folder games are available in
the Busy Teacher Shop.)
- Relax and enjoy the summer!
- Read these article from TeacherNet Gazette:
Your Own Mentor: Reflect".
- Create mini-offices for your students.
In August I take these ideas and begin preparing the
actual materials, such as organizing my units into files, creating charts,
lists, rules, etc.
(will be posted mid-July for teachers who begin school
Updates to the
to School pages
Ideas and links on
Online Projects you
can participate in.
Great Bargain Links for Teachers:
|As teachers, we're always looking for
bargains and freebies to help supplement items/materials for our
classroom. Here are some sites/groups that I've found that have bargains
or freebies! If you have a link you would like to share, please let me
know by emailing
© Busy Teacher's Cafe. All rights