Preparing for Back to School
Since you are reading this page, you are on the right path to preparing for back to school---that is RESEARCH. It is not necessary to be a creative genius in order to be a good teacher and have a great classroom. Researching what other teachers do is a great way to find ideas on what to do for the school year. Here are some ways that I prepare for the school year:
(1) In June, I write down management ideas that worked and keep them in a notebook. During the summer, I go back to that notebook to begin preparing how I will structure my class. Here are some ideas that are in the notebook--
(2) Next, I jot down some themes that I want to use throughout the year. They are organized by season and month. Here are some examples:
I prepare for these units by searching the web, looking through teacher resource books, and creating lessons/activities. (Take a look at the Themes section to see how the themes are created and organized.)
(3) Another thing I like to do is create activities for thel iteracy centers, such as Choose-A-Chart, file folder games, etc. Check out the Literacy Centers Page and the Printables section for some ideas.
(4) To make lesson planning easier, I plan the year's spelling words in the summer. Then I make an outline of the first half of the year's lessons.
(5) If I come across any good ideas that I can use throughout the year, I keep a copy of it and place it in my teacher's guides using a Post It glue stick.
(6) Once I've decided what units I plan on teaching, I write down outlines, make notes, create lessons, look for books and worksheets, and put them all together into a large file folder. When I'm ready to use the unit, all I do is get the file folder and everything is ready.
Check out the Classroom Management Section here from Busy Teacher's Cafe.
Tips from Other Teachers
Some tips from Stephanie, a first grade teacher:
1) There is a first grade
website, www.mrs.burns.com ,
I make folders for my students on Back to School night by folding a 9x12 construction paper then put a carson dellosa cut-outs on the outside. I place all back to school forms inside.
To organize these forms I use a notebook. I bought pocket folders. I place each child's form and any notes that i receive from that child inside this pocket. It eliminates papers from desk.
I make welcome bags for my students, I put a pencil ,eraser, bookmark, and lollipop inside. Then I sponge paint school designs on the bag.
Azithromycin 16mg $177.48 - $2.96 Per pill
Cialis original rezeptfrei in deutschland kaufen cialis generika aus deutschland buy azithromycin powder packets preĆ§o levitra generico. Accutane replacement drug citalopram vs fluoxetine weight loss buy azithromycin in store aciphex otc buy azithromycin online for chlamydia usa. Citalopram weight loss gain accutane acne drug does citalopram cause weight loss or gain weight loss while taking citalopram. Cymbalta dosage neuropathic pain levitra generico in farmacia costi buy azithromycin powder buy generic azithromycin citalopram and phentermine for weight loss. Buy azithromycin 500mg online cialis ohne rezept deutschland buy azithromycin online with mastercard buy azithromycin single dose for chlamydia buy azithromycin single dose. Buy generic azithromycin online buy azithromycin online with mastercard cialis generika in deutschland rezeptfrei kaufen. Citalopram and weight loss tablets citalopram long term weight loss mildronate for sale australia isotretinoin accutane drug interactions. Cialis generika in deutschland kaufen can cit